Cost of Teeth Whitening in Westpark Woodbridge – Irvine CA
Considering that teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure, it’s usually not covered by dental insurance. So if you’re planning to schedule the procedure, then you will likely need to pay out-of-pocket.
The cost of bleaching depends on several factors, including:
- Type of whitening treatment and sessions
- Extent of tooth discoloration
- Dentist skill and expertise
- Location of dental practice
- Additional procedures before whitening
In addition to the cost of treatment, you should also consider the maintenance needed to keep your smile impeccably white. Even with great results following teeth whitening, the changes tend to fade over time, with the whitening effect lasting about one year. So to maintain your white, dazzling smile for as long as possible, you should follow these tips:
- Avoid stain-causing foods and drinks – Many colored foods and drinks can stain your white teeth. So, reduce or avoid your intake of tomatoes, berries, grape juice, red wine, coffee, tea, sports drinks, cola, and grape juice.
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating and drinking – Every time you indulge in items that can stain your mouth, it is important that you rinse your mouth with clean water right after. Swishing a little water after eating or drinking can help reduce staining.
- Stop smoking – Smoking is not only bad for your health, but also your teeth. The nicotine, tar, and tobacco in cigarettes, cigars, and pipes will stain your teeth.
- Practice proper oral hygiene – Daily brushing, at least every morning after breakfast and at night before bed, and daily flossing will help remove food debris and plaque, and keep your mouth clean and stain-free.
- Schedule a follow-up whitening treatment every 6 to 12 months.
It’s possible to cut down on follow-up visits by following the recommended maintenance plan. To find out about the cost of teeth whitening for your specific case, please schedule an appointment with your cosmetic dentist today.